First Appearance: Surreptitious Machinations (Prologue: Rhymes and Ruminations) (November 11, 2001)
Full Name: Todd Wellington
Known Aliases: None
Status: Uncertain; exists outside time and space as we know it
Height: 5' 5" (165.1 cm)
Weight: 125 lb (56.70 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Long, flowing, unkempt hair; sunglasses; trench coat
Marital Status: Single
We know little about the time-hopping Todd. We do know he was a young, head-strong member of the rebellion against the sinister Empress Trudy of the future, and that he appeared to rank somewhere in the upper echelons. He was very close to his mentor, Prof. Wisebottom, who he saw as a father figure. He appeared to have been childhood friends with Sydney Duncan, although whether her romantic attraction to him was mutual, we are not certain. He was (is, will be) the child of a certain geek couple we all know. Although Todd explained his story to Ki, there are still many questions left unanswered. Todd seemingly gave his life to save his parents and their friends; by helping them confront and defeat the current time's Trudy, he altered the reoccurring time line and destroyed his future.
Although he seemed to have simply ceased to exist, we have since learned that he now exists outside of time and space, thanks to the intervention of the Gamester. He has appeared to his mother at least once, confirming his continued existence. During To Thine Own Self..., the Gamester called upon him to help provide a distraction and thereby help his parents escape to their home universe. Since then, Todd has acted as the Gamester's informal agent, his "technical non-existence" providing the entity with a "loophole" to get around his non-interference directives.
- Surreptitious Machinations:
- Todd makes his first appearance
- Todd arrives in the past and literally runs into his parents
- Facing the Fookinator
- Showdown with two Trudys
- Recovering the time remote
- Dropping in on Mom
- Todd begins relaying future history to Ki
- Reuniting with Persephone
- "I will always remember that day as one of the happiest days of my life."
- A tearful goodbye
- "I was wondering when you were going to show up..."
- Todd explains to the Empress that she's lost
- Fading from existence...
- Maybe he's not lost after all...
- Ki ponders telling Nick about Todd
- Todd appears to Ki via the MUTEX
- Nick seems to have figured things out for himself
- To Thine Own Self...:
- "The death of another god..."
- In the aftermath of Scylla and Charybdis, The Gamester and Todd discuss Pandemonium's rampage through the Cosmos
- Nick Wellington, Todd's father
- Ki Oshiro Wellington, Todd's mother
- The Wellingtons, Todd's paternal grandparents
- The Oshiros, Todd's maternal grandparents
- Lori Wellington, Todd's aunt
- Yoshi Oshiro, Todd's uncle
Jeff has repeatedly promised that the story of how Todd came into the Gamester's employ will eventually be revealed in an exclusive Surreptitious Machinations "sequel" mini-series. The story for the mini-series has been complete for years, but progress on completing the actual art has been extremely slow. When the comic is finally released, it will surely be announced on the GPF News page.