First Appearance: The Brotherhood of the Twisted Pair (November 11, 1999)
Full Name: Scott (surname currently unknown)
Known Aliases: "Zero One"
Height: 6' (182.88 cm)
Weight: 170 lb (77.11 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Glasses, shoulder-length hair, goatee
Marital Status: Single
Scott is a developer and currently an employee of GPF Software. Dwayne brought him in as a contractor during an expansion of new work and he eventually became a full-time employee of GPF Software. He now serves as one of the company's junior developers.
Scott is a self-proclaimed Linux zealot with fanatical support for every flavor of Open Source software. He is the last "Zero One" or top leader of the elite secret society of hackers known as the Brotherhood of the Twisted Pair, and treats this duty with solemn reverence. It was under his leadership that both Fooker and Sharon were tested to become members of the Brotherhood. He has been almost fanatical in his search for "the One", the fabled geek Messiah who will lead all of geekdom into a future age of technological enlightenment. His employment at GPF has allowed he and his right-hand-man Tim to can keep close tabs on the couple he believes will one day give birth to "the One".
Scott's constant snooping into Fooker and Sharon's love life eventually gave birth to Sharon's dream world of Harry Barker. There, Scott appears to be a teacher at Hollerith's School of Phreaking and Hacking. As "Scott Sysape", Scripts Master and head of Mitnick Subnet, he most closely resembles Severus Snape from Harry Potter.
As time has progressed, Scott increasingly speaks using a number of anachronisms, embellishing his speech with an almost Shakespearean floweriness. There has been no official explanation for this, nor has any of his colleagues made much of a fuss about it.
- Scott's first appearances: hooded (holding the torch-staff) and unhooded
- Scott (in silhouette) interrogates Sharon regarding her initiation test
- Greg calls for a vote of no confidence in Scott's leadership
- Scott chronicles the history of the Brotherhood to the newly "drafted" Patty
- Scott and Tim infiltrate GPF...
- ... and reveal to Fooker and Sharon their candidacy for "the One"
- Dwayne must mediate between Sharon and Scott...
- ... but Scott's obsessiveness leads Sharon to some bizarre dreams
- Scott gets pulled into the office rubber band war
- Scott bribes Patty to trick Fooker and Sharon into a clandestine Brotherhood meeting
- None known